Monday, October 15, 2012
We have consolidated all MMSC information/ posts to one blog! So don't fret we haven't abandoned you....just come and check out our new look at http://mmswimming.blogspot.ca/
See you pool side
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Monday, January 10, 2011
Here is a link to one of coach Nicolette's races in London.
Have a look! (shes swimming in lane 4) she had asked me to remind you to pay attention to her underwaters, and have a look, she doesn't breath on the first stroke!
Way to go coach!
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Want to find out what causes muscle cramps and then – what you do about them? Go to this link in the Globe and find out! It will save you the embarrassment of sinking when you should be swimming!! J
Monday, April 12, 2010
The past two months have been very busy with meets and great swimming in the pool. A job well done
1) In February we had one swimmer participate at the Burlington meet – John Hague. John did all personal bests
in 50, 100 & 200 Free as well as 100 Breast. Congratulations John on a job well done.
In March we participated at two meets:
2) Milton. We had ten swimmers attend who all did exceptional we improving or doing personal bests.
Women – JoAnne, Gina, Nina, Christine R & Alison
Men – Greg P, Louie, Rob D, Stephen & Gavin
I was very impressed will the above swimmers as all did personals best. At this meets we placed 7th out of 14 teams
which is a great showing as there was stiff completion. Congratulations to all.
3) Provincials. At Provincials we had seventeen swimmers travel to London.
Women – Darlene, Alison, Christine R, Julie, Gina, JoAnne & Jessie
Men – Richard, Gavin, Stephen, Gavin, Derek S, John H, John S, Chris W, Rob D & Ed
A great performance was done by all with the club placing 10th out of 35 teams which is a great showing
as the level of competition was very high. Personal best and club records were achieved. I was very
impressed by all the swimmers with such great performances. Congratulations to all who attend Provincials.
SWIMMERS OF THE MONTH
Congratulations to the following for swimmers of the month:
February – John H & Darlene
March – Derek S & Barbara.
SWIM OFF – SWIMMERS VS COACH'S
A new theme that has been introduced this year is a swim off swimmers vs coaching staff. To date the swimmers lead the series 2 – 0. The first swim off was in early March in 400 Im when the swimmers squiked out a win by less than 3 metres of Head Coach Eric.
In the second swim off the swimmers being honest destroyed the coach staff Eric & Michael in 400 Free by lapping.
However a challenge has been slated for another swim off in late April with the coach's indicating that a win will occur. Details will follow of date for this swim off.
Finally I am glad that everyone is enjoying themselves and is improving in their swimming and hope to see everyone soon.
Eric & Michael
Hotmail & Messenger. Get them on your phone now.
Live connected. Get Hotmail & Messenger for mobile.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Well we are a month into the season and everyone is slowly getting back into form.
Just a few reminders:
1. Please remember to bring a t-shirt to practice along with other equipment - pull buoys and paddles.
2. Please try to show up on time as it makes it difficult for the coaching staff to rearrange lanes and is unfair to fellow swimmers.
3. Goal sheets - The coaching staff have been reviewing the goal sheets and have the following:
Women - Allison, Marney, Lynda, Kelly, Krystin, Gina, Darlene, Christine, Nina, Pamela & Joanne
Men - Chris, Greg, Rob D, John & Michael C. In order to help everyone develop and know what they want to achieve it is important for the coaching staff to receive those goal sheets. If we don't receive your goal sheet, it makes it much more difficult for the coaching staff to develop and help swimmers achieve their goals. Please submit ASAP for those that have not done so.
4. First Meet of the Season. We have our first meet of the season approaching - Not So Serious Meet - Sunday Nov 15 at Etobicoke. This is a great meet to attend and even for first time swimmers. Forms are available at the pool and are due back to coaching staff by Sunday Nov 8, 2009.
Hope to see everyone at the pool soon and enjoy the month of October and November swimming.
Eric & Michael
Mississauga Masters Swim Team
Ready…Set…Get a great deal on Windows 7 See phenomenal deals on Windows 7 now